Stramba

Stramba

Friday, May 28, 2010

Man-Tu-what?


Arrivederci Verona!

Today we drove to Mantova (as the Italians call it), where we toured the Palazzo Ducale and the Castello San Giorgio which was absolutely huge! This place was a maze and by the time we finished my feet hurt! I definitely got a work out between all the stairs and the 50 rooms we walked through. Love the art though… and the small streets full of shops! ;) We later had lunch at a local ristorante in Mantua where unfortunately, I ruined my appetite by spilling red wine all over my white top! S***! It took me 45 minutes to get the red wine out using white wine (let me tell you the technique works!). By that time though, I had lost all desire to eat, was not in the greatest mood and I reeked of wine from utilizing the white wine to draw out the red stains! Did I mention I couldn’t change my shirt because my suitcase was packed in the bottom of our coach with 30 other people’s suitcases? Yeah…not so cool. I set a new rule for myself…if I’m in white…I drink white (wine). So after boarding the bus while reeking of wine, we continued our trip to Spilamberto, which is famous for traditional balsamic vinegar! We tasted balsamic vinegar that was 12 years old and the second was 25 years old. Yeah. I don’t know how the Italians have the patience to wait 25 years for the good vinegar when they run through stop signs while driving and honk continuously at pedestrians?!

Shortly after our tour of the Museo del Balsamico Tradizionale di Spilamberto (longest name ever), we drove onto Bologna and arrived at our hotel-the Grand Hotel Baglioni. We later ate dinner at the cutest ristorante less than a block from our hotel. The chef became my best friend...in fact I was so special he made me a “surprise” dish (because I couldn’t make up my mind about what I wanted for dinner). It was shrimp with a special sauté… Oh yea…Va Bene! Now that my tummy is full I’m off to bed and I hope tomorrow I can keep my shirt clean…while exploring Bologna…

Oh by the way…GO LAKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment