Stramba

Stramba

Monday, May 31, 2010

Ciao Gruppo!




Today was our last day of the tour and we basically had the day to ourselves, which was rather awesome because we rarely have free time. We spent the day shopping around and found a great lace shop where my mother purchased a handmade tablecloth. And more importantly, we did buy Murano glass! That stuff is like water here. All shapes, sizes and colors. Luckily, for our last day the sun came out and the morning fog cleared for a beautiful afternoon.

This evening we had our farewell dinner with the entire group. I am sad to say that it is over and that the trip has flown by so fast. But, I am happy to say that I had a great time thus far with my family and the new people I’ve met along the way. Our group was sad to say goodbye and spent a long time after dinner conversing, taking pictures and wishing each other well. I have to say the people in this small group will have a distinct memory in my mind as I became fond of each and every one of them.

Tomorrow we are onto Rome. We will take a water taxi to the train station where we hope to board the correct train amongst the crowds of people. From here on out, we are on our own. No guide. No translator, (except for my dad’s broken Italian) BUT- luckily two nurses. Somehow, I believe we will manage out in the wild…

No comments:

Post a Comment