Stramba

Stramba

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bologna...

After arriving in Bologna last night, we had a great dinner at an amazing ristorante! But, my sister and I returned to our room exhausted, ready for a good night's sleep. However, while getting ready for bed my sister managed to pull the toilet flusher off the wall. YIKES! (In case you didn't know... the flushers on toilets here are 99% of the time- located on the wall and it looks like a giant button the size of a shower head). She somehow managed to dismantle ours from the wall leaving nothing but a pipe showing.... uh oh! While giggling like crazy I used my mad plumbing skills to screw the piece back onto the wall. We're now running a little over 24 hours and the piece is still in place... I'm GOOD! Our anxiety decreased after fixing it and we were able to get some shut eye...
Today, our day included a tour of St. Petronius, St. Dom's (Dominique), the Piazza Netuno, and the Asinelli Tower (s). The Palazzo dell' Archiginnasio (now a library) was my favorite because it used to be where students studied Anatomy, Law and other important subjects of the past centuries. The place is decorated to the nines and the Anatomy theatre is awesome. There is a table at the center where cadavers were placed and the students sat stadium style watching the assistant pull out organs while the professor explained function and what not. COOL!
Bologna is also known for the Italian Bolognese sauce and I have to say from experience that it is very good! We were able to go down to our hotel's cucina (kitchen) today and had a cooking lesson from the top chef! Pretty cool huh? We say how pasta noodles- tortollini is made and the sauce, along with a dessert that we later ate! YUM! More time goes into preparing the food than eating the food...sad but true...
pictures to follow...the cord to my camera is missing i believe it's somewhere in my giant suitcase...

No comments:

Post a Comment